The Farway Expedition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Farway Expeditions members

2 posters

Aki's early morning thoughts

Traiaki
    Traiaki

Aki's early morning thoughts Empty Aki's early morning thoughts

Post  Traiaki Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:51 pm

Yo guildies, I've just been looking up on the WoW forums and i saw a interesting topic regarding IC weapons and using "legendary" and claiming you obtained that item from said -boss-

I was rather gobsmacked to say the least to see such a thread posted, is it wrong to use a weapon ICly? Example,

You obtain a staff of a 1000 wishes from Lady deathwhisper BUT! ICly your great grandfather Bob gave you that on his death bed. Now i know that was a poor example but even so do you all agree that IC weapons are "wrong"? and people who claim legendary weapons and yell out "I KILLED RAGNAROS FOR THIS HAMMER!" should they be shamed and slapped around just because they are lucky swines for obtaining such an item? Do you think its jealousy?

Just an interesting topic I'd like to bring here and get your views.

- Aki

Silka
    Silka

Aki's early morning thoughts Empty Re: Aki's early morning thoughts

Post  Silka Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:21 am

I sort of understand the thought of having only a handful of people carrying legendaries, because if those weapons were treated like what they really are it'd make their wielder more "special."

BUT. Personally I find a way of thinking like that really distant. I greatly dislike making others more special snowflakes than everyone else. Maybe it might be fine if the wielder of the legendary wouldn't let it get into his head, but I have to admit I'm a bit sceptic about that. I've seen so many times what owning a legendary does to most of people and if it was that bad amongst people who didn't even RP I can only imagine what it'd be IC.

I don't also see a problem if two or more people have similar looking gear or weapon, while the other one being an heirloom from grandfather Bob and the another one a trophy of winning a demigod. Imo people should RP how they like, dress and use what weapons they want. Caring too much about the names or colour of the weapons may be normal to some people but I find it being a bit too HC. Maybe I'm too carefree. /shrug.

However, elitism or god complex are things I can't stand. Be whatever you like, but - like someone said during our Mary Sue converstation earlier - an old god or a son of Thrall... just no. Please. :'D

So, Aki, I wouldn't give a s**t if you walked around with Sulfuras, Thunderfury, Warglaives, Dragonwrath or whatever as long as you didn't seriously claim you really got them from those bosses IC. xD

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:01 pm