The Farway Expedition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Farway Expeditions members

+2
Traiaki
Silka
6 posters

Character inspirations

Silka
    Silka

Character inspirations Empty Character inspirations

Post  Silka Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:45 am

Yet another topic idea snatched from WoW Europe forums because I'm too shy to write there and I know not many people read those. So, where did you get the ideas for your character/s?

---

Silka is a rather odd (at least in my eyes) mixture of two of my OC's who are, sort of connected to each other.

The first one of them is a priestess who has lost her faith and joined forces with people she used to be enemies with. When she's on the right mood she's really determined and relentless and gets pissed off at people around her who are knowingly getting into trouble. Although she's not very skilled in protecting others she's the type of person who just can't stand and watch. If someone she's taken a liking to is walking into the lion's den she'll follow. ...while nagging and cursing how stupid it is. Also, after leaving her priest life behind she started using alcohol (lots of it) since she thinks she can't stand her companions' life-threatening stunts while sober. After battles she's usually always in the inn drowning her frustration and the worse the situation the more she's drinking.

The second one is a young teenage girl who's really timid, clueless and oblivious. She's been pretty over-protected during her whole life and when she's left alone for the first time and she should survive on her own, she's just like, dude what the heck I'm supposed to do now. Eventually she got fed up of being scared of everything that moves so she practiced like crazy to become a skilled fighter. However, that's pretty much the only thing she's good at. Always when confronting some new situations, people and challenges she's pretty much like wtf derp.

Me and her have a couple of traits we share as well because I'm not so experienced in RP and wanted a character that's not too hard to play. So sharing a similarity or two makes it easier. Though I'm planning to get rid of those after I've learned more and she's growing up. I also gave her some habits or opinions that greatly differ from my own and got to say that situations that have required using those have been the funniest moments so far. Probably our biggest difference is our relationship with animals. Silka dislikes ”accursed pests” while I'm all like "OMG SO CUTE ASDFASF <3<3<3!" Also, usually the more Silka gets frustrated or irritated the more I'm laughing my ass off. xD
    Traiaki
    Traiaki

Character inspirations Empty Re: Character inspirations

Post  Traiaki Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:32 am

Interesting topic! i will tell you all how i got my inspiration on Traiaki over here.

How Aki is today weren't actually "planned" some plan a character's personality before putting them into the game (From my experience) I didn't do that, truth be told i actually made Traiaki originally to hide from my weird ex boyfriend who did give me a lot of problems. I never actually intended to make him a main or a role play character to begin with.

But one day a good old friend of mine who sadly doesn't play world of Warcraft anymore, she asked me why didn't i role play on Traiaki? I needed a break from my original main due to the drama i had with my ex, which of course sounded fair at the time and i thought, What the hell?

I created him and i decided that I'd just plan it out, my friend had plenty of ideas which were a bit strange Very Happy to start with but it worked out quite well in the end, how i originally role played him is another story altogether. My friend was actually into writing erotic tales, now i know that's not everyone's cuppa here and i won't go into detail regarding that, so in short my character was part of her stories she had wrote, which we did play out in Warcraft aswell, this was what? 3-4 years ago now. It's been a long time now, once my friend eventually moved on she had quit Warcraft and went off to America.

His personality mostly today comes from the past, my past experiences with guilds and so forth, i was in a guild known at the time as Gevurahn flame, Traiaki here was a ruthless brute who often was violent and rude (Yep its hard to believe) he was young, angry, wild. A very fierce personality who didn't have much love for many things, a dominate nature to say the least. due to OOC problems i had with this said guild i had to basically take a break from role play, it was way too much for me to actually focus on. I was extremely upset that my friends had just became jerks basically OOCly.

I moved on, sitting still and doing nothing doesn't do anyone any favors after all. So after a couple of months of hardcore raiding (Yep hardcore raiding) i decided to give up the raiding style for a little while and i came in contact with Luvain, i hadn't actually prepared Aki at all personality wise when i met him so what he became was mostly random at that point. That ruthless angry Troll was now a kind one, he'd have "seen the error of his ways" so to speak, he got older, a character changes in time after all.

So yep! that's how my inspiration began XD from being part of the game and exploring things with others.

i am extremely pleased with how Traiaki has progressed as a character, he's no longer a cruel troll he has a heart! and a nice one at that, although some of that cruel nature still lurks inside of him that i am sure of.

*bows*

- Aki

Lucien Vilow
    Lucien Vilow

Post  Lucien Vilow Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:45 am

I have no idea where Luce and Vael came from, really. I'm sure if you trace it back far enough then they were inspired by something, but I can't remember what. XD

Arkreth was my first ever fantasy RPG/story character. He sort of sprung from the Dark Elf in the PC game Sacred - atleast what little I played of it before I got totally fed up of the CtDs and gave up. This whas nigh on ten years ago though, he's changed a wee bit since then. Over the years I've looked back at how I originally wrote the character and gone 'gee, this guy has no personality at all!'

He started off properly a couple of years ago on Earthen Ring RP server, when I thought, right - let's give him a bit of personality. What I actually ended up with was the grumpiest bugger to ever walk Azeroth, who spent most of his life in stony silence, sacrificing himself for the greater good. It was fine because he wasn't my main RP character on ER, and I had Vael for when I needed a character that rather than stand in silence, would irritate everyone until they tried to push her off something high up.

So this continued until I looked back at the story I wrote that Arkreth came from and decided to rewrite it. Arkreth came from the sidelines into the 'main character' spot, both in the story and in WoW. My inspiration for him as he is now comes from a lot of places. Personality and looks-wise he's got a fair bit of Geralt of Rivia in him, and a little bit of Aragorn too. His fighting style is very 'Conan the Barbarian meets orcish berserker'. He started off as mainly a mash-up of these three but over the past year or so his personality's smoothed out a bit and he's much less 'ConanAragornGeralt' and much more 'Arkreth' now.

The only thing he really kept from the development phase was his psycho switch. His fighting personality came from such a different place that he sort of seemed to switch personality when he fought. Eventually I decided I liked this and found that in WoW I could blame it on having been trained to fight by a really angry orc - if you put Arkreth in a real battle he sort of loses himself to the blood lust. He's a brutal fighter.

So yes, that's how Arkreth came to be!

This is Geralt of Rivia for anyone who hasn't played The Witcher.
    Tai'rashi
    Tai'rashi

Post  Tai'rashi Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:01 am

As Tai is quite new, but I believe there was some hidden magic behind his creation anyway, so I'll share with you guys what was going on in my mind when I created this sleepy troll Razz

Basically it all started when I got a scroll of resurrection from a random person from the guild I was in on Argent Dawn, I noticed this when I went onto my email and it was there and one boring Friday night I thought "why the hell not, 7 free days is not going to hurt" and damn was I wrong! although it was quite weird as I didn't notice I had been robbed of my money and gear before at least 4 days had passed since I used my scroll of resurrection. ._.

Anyway! I slowly began to like it again, I talked to Aki a lot and realized I truly missed being here and that's when I figured I'd go buy myself two months of play-time, to see if I could get back into it.

Now most people are discouraged when they lose their stuff, but I saw it as a reason to start at new, without help from having loads of money and I just always wanted to have a druid and that is how Tai came to life, I always intended him to be a clumsy, small silly troll who loved nature and loved to help everyone, but also that he was quite nontraditional for a troll.

I however at first never intended him to be completely against killing like he is now, that came from the series of books made by a brilliant author named "Robert Jordan", the series goes under the name of "The Wheel of Time".

Basically the main protagonists in the series meet a gypsy kind of people, who live by the way of the leaf which means no matter what, they will never resort to violence, they even mention that if they are assaulted they would simply ask why the person is doing it and if it continued they would either just take it and get beaten or run away.
    What's interesting with this is that if they happen to be killed by the assaulter, they would not curse them or despise them in their last living moments, they would simply feel sorry for them and hope they did not cause the assaulter too great harm.

"The tree gives in to the sharp axe, but the soft wood still dulls the blade and the tree sap rusts the blade." Basically they believe that they will slowly die of guilt.

Although Tai does not follow this step by step, if Tai was assaulted, he would first attempt to find out why and then try to reason his way out of it, if that does not work, he would of either run off or tried to fight back, but only to overpower the person.

So yeah! that's my inspiration for the creation of Tai and his view on killing!
    Sleep
    NathenDaranius
    NathenDaranius

Post  NathenDaranius Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:59 pm

Weeeeell, How I came up with Nat was like baking a cake really...

I wanted Nat not to be like any other Goblin, who adventures for Gold and Loot, just for the money, Nat came to be when I was on Steamwheedle cartel, and I was doing a quest, and I came across this Goblin, He was only interested in me doing a job for him, to earn him monry, and in return, his NPC actually stated, "And eh, here's your reward! Money solves everything right!"...And it got me thinking, Are all Goblins like that? Just a bunch of stereotype traders who get people to do shit for them? I didn't want to think that, And since Steamwheedle cartel'ers would just judge me for my decision, I left the realm, And honestly, I just picked out the first realm that came up Twisted Evil , Anyway, I made the hunter, Nathen "Swift" Daranius, And I was originally going to focus him on People like, John Kennedy and such, An inspiration to a group. Then I thought, confused , I was never going to be able to pull that off. So I made Nathen someone with a past unspoken of, Well, most of the time anyway, A Goblin seeking only Adventure, Fun, friends, and something that he can measure his life to...

And That is why I made Nathen the way he is, But, I think I may have to shed a little light on the subject of Tails...

Okay, First of all, I will not compare tails to any dog or cat drama movie bom
    Tails was thought up by my friend IRL, Who had a pet Snake, named Tails, I visited my friends house about two to three days a week, Merely because I liked his snake, ( I aint gonna lie to ya' =P ) I, back then, Thought the snake was cool, And awesome, So I examined it everytime I visited, The snake sometimes fell from a branch and Pouted at me, I laughed at it, and it hissed menacingly at me, My laughter Faded, but a grin was slapped across my Mischievous Face...

I had already had Nat made, And was still pondering what my pet should be, I got up to about level 23, when I found a wind serpent somewhere in Dustwallow Marsh, (Is it Dustwallow?) I instantly thought of Tails the snake, and thought of everything I had documented from that Snake, So I tamed the bugger, and I gotta admit, Little fucker was a tough son of a bitch! but eventually when I had him, I of course, Named the blue flying machine Tails...

And that's how The sly and cunning but also bright Nathen and his Angry/Happy Pet Wind Serpent Tails Came about, *Points to mind* I'm off my block xD I hope you guys enjoyed the Inspiration...Documentary? xD, And I hope you enjoy rp'ing with me, As I already have and will with you guys, Nathen, OUT! *Flys off using big ears* afro
    Bozzle

Post  Bozzle Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Bozzle was actually the name of a Gnome rogue I had many moons back, he was the Chief engineering officer of the Gnomish 'Kaboom' guild way back when. Though I got a little jaded and eventually took a long break.

Now my hunter has had many forms over the years and has been an orc. A troll. A goblin. Even a realm changed-faction changed Draenei and then back to being an orc and finally a goblin.

To be honest there wasn't much thought and it was all mostly on a whim. But then I made my own guild (for the extra storage) and ran a small beverage company for larks as a money hungry goblin. But I didn't really enjoy that. So said guild became a small partisan group of goblins loyal to the Horde. Sneaky hunter (Bozzle) and his cousin Steamwhizzle the rogue. My two characters scouted, surveyed hostile lands and took to adventure and thwarting the foul Alliance warmongers as and when possible. So they became a touch more martial and bent on helping the Horde than lining their own pockets and I rather enjoyed that more.

So taking a few goblin traits such as a love of gold and new opportunities, I tacked on the more soldierly traits that came with the other characters before him. A dedicated scout, hunter and tracker and former member of the scouting force 'The Bogpaddle Irregulars', now run by Steamwhizzle (whom I level occasionally).

I confess that if the orc models change for the better, as in as good as Thrall himself! I might be tempted to change. But for now, I do rather love my Goblin huntard. And all his faults.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:29 pm