The Farway Expedition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Farway Expeditions members

2 posters

Stereotype Races: Horde

NathenDaranius
    NathenDaranius

Stereotype Races: Horde Empty Stereotype Races: Horde

Post  NathenDaranius Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:46 pm

Hey my Fises! =P, Thought I would post a topic about all of the stereotype races of the Horde, Ya' know, for future reference, As in if you make a Character and want him/her to be original, Check this out! (:

Orc:
    A mad pissed of guy who settles for Chaos and absolute Destruction, This could only describe an Orc stereotype, They are focused on Heavy armour, and enemies to be killing.

Forsaken:
    An Alchemist, Someone who makes various Potions etc. Also someone who likes to keep to themself, Someone who doesn't require nor want any company or Any friends, Stereotype Forsaken require an Alchemy Lab and plenty of Empty Vials.

Tauren:
    A tribesman who likes to gain attention, If the stereotype Tauren has a kilt and some music, He'll dance ontop of a table infront of Many Stereotype Forsaken for hours on end.

Troll:
    A troll stereotype would probably be known among many, Three words, Voodoo, Witch, Doctor, Yes, A stereotype Troll would be known as one who concentrates on Various types of Voodoo magic and Witch doctor actions.

Blood elf:
    A Stereotype Blood elf is an Elf who is that of Arcane magic, that who speak using big and hardly understandable Words while talking to one, They wear robes and Carry staves, So unless you want to be stuck in a situation of misunderstandings, Stay away from these Stereotypes.

Goblins:
    My favourite, Especially because I chose not to fully go down this road! (Phew),
    A stereotypical Goblin is obviously, for those of you who didn't buy Cataclysm, Goblins who are Money makers, Goblins who own various Businesses and boss people around much. Hand a Goblin some Moolah and keys to a factory and you got yourself a Stereotype Goblin! (I wouldn't recommend handing them these stuff though... Suspect .

Feel free to leave comments on your views of a stereotypical race in be it the Horde or the Alliance! cheers
    Silka
    Silka

Stereotype Races: Horde Empty Re: Stereotype Races: Horde

Post  Silka Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:41 am

Generally I couldn't care less how or what kind of characters people want to play. RPing should be for fun, and in my opinion it wouldn't be fun if all characters were forced to be exactly like their stereotypes.

Of course it's good to have some stereotypical traits as well but at least personally I wouldn't want to play a character so thoroughly stereotypical that everyone could know him/her completely even before they've even RPd with me.

Some of us have experienced it when someone has come and started whining about your character not being exactly like the rest of his/her kind. At this point got to mention that there's a difference between constructive advice and pointless nagging. I'm talking about naggers now. Oh god, they should get a life. In WoW. =P

We were talking about this one day and came into a conclusion that if we were fully loyal to our races' lore, we couldn't do actually anything. :'D Silka for example.

- She wouldn't be interested in other races' company. She doesn't particularly like being in Orgrimmar because of Garrosh. She'd have to hang out in Undercity from dusk to dawn and if there wasn't other RPrs around, then too bad. Die out of boredom.

- Shadow priest usually fights by damaging the victim's mind. Silka doesn't. This is because I thought it'd be too OP. Especially for a novice priest. Maybe someday when she's be more experienced, but even then I wouldn't make it too easy.

- She'd be only interested in her work and couldn't have any friends. At least not in the word's true meaning. Of course not wanting her to be a sunshine who wants to be everyone's friend but tbh it'd be boring as hell to RP someone who didn't have any kind of friend-ish relationships.

- And this one actually made me lol. There would be absolutely no reason for her to be a part of a treasure hunting group, because her loyalty is Sylvanas and other Forsaken first and her main goal is aiding them, so I couldn't even be a member of FWE.

So sorry gays I mean guys but I'm gonna listen to the naggers nao and /gquit. xD

...not.
    NathenDaranius
    NathenDaranius

Post  NathenDaranius Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:00 am

I ain't saying it's a bad thing Sil, I'm just voicing my opinion on the subject, if it was a bad thing I probably wouldn't be rp'ing to this day, I like any kind of character, I know how hard it is to come up with a profile that is individual, And that doesn't make any of this bad, I've saw plenty of Stereotype Goblins who were only interested in money, Become friends with Nat both in-game and irl, I'm not pointing out anything, just like I said voicing my opinion, hope you didn't take offence to this (:
    Silka
    Silka

Post  Silka Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:40 am

Whaat?? xD *really confused* You said in your post:
    NathenDaranius wrote:Feel free to leave comments on your views of a stereotypical race in be it the Horde or the Alliance!
    I didn't quote you so I wasn't referring to your text at any point. Just leaving my opinion here as well, haha. Never understood your post in a bad way.
    NathenDaranius
    NathenDaranius

Post  NathenDaranius Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:18 am

Ah alright, must be my morning eyes...Egh.. xD

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 9:22 am