The Farway Expedition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Farway Expeditions members

My Crusader Kings II Diary

Swiftstout
    Swiftstout

My Crusader Kings II Diary Empty My Crusader Kings II Diary

Post  Swiftstout Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:43 am

1066 and a host from both France and Denmark laid waste to England. I Count Gilles de Montboissier heard tales of such bravery and cunning as I sat before the hearth in my castle at Vendome, just east of Anjou. My Liege the Duke of Anjou no doubt hoped for my eventual death since the lack of an heir apparent would see the tiny and pox riddled lands fall to his grasping hands.

Afflicted by gluttony and the need to keep myself constantly sozzled sees the Bishop of Cloyes take against me. His hurtful words are left unchallenged for now, for I have just taken a bride... Judit. A hungarian nobleman's daughter. And admittedly one of the few people who wanted to marry me. Perhaps this union is blessed for that very day I host a man of such weight that he rivals even me, a man from Hindustan who tells tales, eats, drinks and gives me a gift of a Eunach. Not entirely sure what to do with this Eunach. But least the lusty baggage that is my wife should find it hard to do anything with the fellow.

One of my final acts of 1066 is to increase taxes upon Church land. To bleed them for every coin they have. That'll teach the Bishop of Cloyes. Bad table manners indeed.

1067 and it seems the Father-in-Law has died of natural causes. This leaves my damnable brother-in-law as Count of... of... well it is Hungarian and it is probably full of turnips and is completely and totally unpronounceable. But on the plus side. He isn't married and has no heir and the wife is the next in line to inherit that title and those lands.

Sad news. My brother-in-law has died choking and clutching at his chest whilst frothing at the mouth. They call it a suspicious accident. Judit has a title now. A title that'll pass to our children. If we ever have any.

It seems that you can escape consequences of murder and brutality against ones fellow noblemen. But one little peek at the wife of Count Folques and my Liege has me locked up in a dungeon. It is cold. Damn Count Folques wife. And damn the Duke of Anjou.

Oh dear. Seems the Duke of Anjou decided to strip me of my lands and titles. Judit looks pleased. She gets to return to Svkksksksrreka or somesuch forsaken place. She has a title. I have none. On the plus side, I think I might be losing weight. The gruel isn't all that nutritious here.

And so that was my rather short time spent playing Crusader Kings II. The game starts in 1066 and it ended for me in 1067. Very Happy I do so love this game. Strategy is wonderful, but is the interactions between the games many hundreds of nobles, peasants and royalty and the many wierd happenings that throw all that out the window.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 2:15 am