The Farway Expedition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Farway Expeditions members

Aki's life in chapters.

Traiaki
    Traiaki

Aki's life in chapters. Empty Aki's life in chapters.

Post  Traiaki Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:49 am

Right, so i'm releasing some chapters of Aki's past. Smile Going to be short stories though, i've worked on three already which i'll be releasing. More will be added soon!

Traiaki
    Traiaki

Aki's life in chapters. Empty Chapter one – How it began

Post  Traiaki Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:56 am

It was a year of pain for the Gurubashi trolls, as their kingdom was under attack by swarms of spiders and corrupted Hakkari trolls. Gurubashi fought for many years in defending their great kingdom, Zul’gurub. But it was slowly being lost to the foul creatures, the spiders jumped and ate the Gurubashi priests in plain view for all to see, barbaric times were ahead. Until the Zandalari joined the fight, they were the strongest troll empire, they have their own entire army and their warriors were trained with wisdom and strength.

A young warrior held his small axes in his hands and gave them a swing as he came charging into the battle. He fought with great strength, he looked like a Zandalari troll. His body was built by muscle and his eyes had a hint of blue in them. He moved with great strength as he chopped his enemies into pieces in battle, his bald head being stained in the enemies’ blood. After the Zandalari’s aid in helping secure the temple away from the Hakkari and those dreaded spiders, the young warrior put his axes away and walked over to the nearby oasis. He bent down and put his hands straight into the water, he threw the water at his face to let it drip down his face, cleaning off the stains of blood from his bald head.

The sound of footsteps could be heard; the young warrior turned his head to look around.
    “Who’s dere?” He spoke out, holding his axes up again just in case it was another attack. A woman fell from the nearby tree and landed straight on her knees, she cursed to herself as she fell straight down. “Ey! Ya could have helped me!” She yelled out at the warrior. The warrior couldn’t help but grin, he never saw such a woman before. Her amber eyes and her blond hair drew him nearer to her.

He walked closer towards her and held out his hand, offering aid; she accepted the aid and was pulled up by the strong male. She blushed a little as she had never seen many Zandalari men before. She looked at him with a little smile, he smiled back. It weren’t long until the two began kissing. The rest of the evening was a night of passion in the jungle.

A couple of hours later, the pair were in each others embrace on the ground, he looked down at the woman and smiled as he had her held closely in his arm. “Ya Gurubashi women be quite good.” He said with a sly grin. She frowned and looked at him. “Dun gets any ideas, Zandalari. I be Tefa be da way.” – “Call me Mo’Jai.”
    Traiaki
    Traiaki

Aki's life in chapters. Empty Chapter two - Birth of The Son's of Two Tribes

Post  Traiaki Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:05 am

A couple of months later, Tefa and Mo’Jai got an unexpected future reading which made them worry. They never had blessings upon being a couple, her family and his family never agreed to it or even liked it. The idea of a Zandalari and a Gurubashi being together made the two tribes frown, different times back then. They used to hide out in a village far away from the eyes of the Zandalari and the Gurubashi. But it was in that very village they saw something, the future.

An elder troll walked into the hut which the couple stayed in, he rested himself on one of their chairs and looked directly at them. “I had a vision, young shaman and young warrior.” He said with a soft sigh, sounding quite sad in his voice. The two looked worried for a moment. “Ya unborn child’s fate dun look good.” Tefa gasped and held onto her little belly, frowning. Mo’Jai put his arm around his girlfriend and snarled at the elder. “Dun speak like dat, she dun need any stress!”

“I just be tellin’ her de truth. Dark times be ahead and de storm comes in.”

The sound of thunder could be heard outside; the rain began dripping down heavily, Tefa began to cry as she presses her head against her mate’s chest. Mo’Jai put his arms around her and soothed her. “Dun worry…” He says quietly to her as he comforts, he looked on at the elder though with a snarl. He never liked it when his girlfriend was upset. The elder soon picked up his things and left the hut; he said nothing more but leave the couple to their sad future.

More months passed and it was a very frightful time for the couple to experience. Tefa and her mate were expecting their child.

“Quick! We be needin’ water!” He yelled out at the villagers, some villagers came running in and aided in keeping Tefa nicely comforted on her back, she closed her eyes tightly and yelled and cursed at her mate a lot. “D-Damn it, de others weren’t dis hard to give birth to!” She yelled out. Mo’Jai looked down at his girlfriend and just tried to keep her soothed. He knew that she had more children before and he gladly accepted that, after all troll culture is very different.

Long hours later she gave birth to two beautiful baby boys; they were rolled up in blankets made from cotton. She put her arms around her baby boys and smiled at them. Mo’Jai just looked down at them; he had nothing to say, he was stunned,
    expecting only one child. Now he has two?! He didn’t like this one bit…
    Traiaki
    Traiaki

Aki's life in chapters. Empty Chapter three - Twins are hard work to look after

Post  Traiaki Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:15 am

It was hell living with two screaming babies, Tefa found that out the hard way as she sat in her hut day in and day out looking after her two boys. Mo’Jai was nowhere to be seen, it was if he had just vanished into thin air, she was not happy one bit.

“Dat piece of shit, leavin’ me to deal wid dese two.” She snarled and muttered to herself as she looked after her kids, troll women weren’t exactly known for their kindness after all. She rocked back and forth with the two boys in her arms, trying to put them to sleep. It was no use, the pair just kept crying. She muttered some more but before long her hut door opened up. “Wha?”

Her Sister Zul walked in with a frown on her face. “Ya no come and see me and ya got two more kids?!” She hissed and pointed at her sister. “Ya lucky I dun turn ya into frog!” Tefa muttered and snarled at her sister. “Shut it! I were busy wid me love of me life!” Zul busted out in laughter. “Ha! Ya busy wid da love of ya life. Ya hooked up wid a Zandalari, dats not good!”

The pair began arguing at each other, they always loved a good bitch together; it was what troll sisters were like. Zul walked over to the baby boys and stared at them. “Dey dun look like him at least. What ya name dese whelps anyway?” Zul stared back at Tefa with a raised brow.

“Zashi and Zarsha!” she spoke out proudly. Zul mutter about names, “Well it could be worse, but I be refusin’ to call em dat. I’ll call em whelps until dere men and den dey earns dere trust wid me.” Zul made it perfectly clear she wanted the boys to grow up knowing how to respect people and mostly respecting their auntie.

An old man walks in with a chicken close to his knee who comes walking along with him. “I see dat you two have made up.” He smiled at the two women. Zul folded her arms and muttered as she looked at the old man, her father. Tefa smiled and bowed head to her father. “Ello Pap. How be Ma?” The old troll chuckled and pointed down at the chicken. “She be fine, she laid more eggs today.” Zul muttered again. “De stupid ol’ hag shouldn’t of gotten in da way of me spell.” Her arms folded tightly against her chest some more. The old man grinned at Zul. “Ya a lot like her more den ya realise. Though where be me little grandchildren den?” The old man walked over to the babies and smiled at them; he picked up his chicken and showed it the babies’ aswell.

“See! Our girl has given us more children!” The old man said with a grin and a chuckle, he put the chicken down and looked at the two sisters. “Where is the father?” He asks with a slight serious tone in his voice. Zul shakes her head and Tefa just looks sad. The old man gives a slow nod. “I see, so he left den. It dun matter, we’ll be here for ya.”
    The following months and years were slightly easier with the help of Zul and her father. However things began to change quite dramatically.
    Traiaki
    Traiaki

Aki's life in chapters. Empty Chapter four - The Zandalari

Post  Traiaki Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:29 am

A knock was heard on the hut’s door years later, Zashi and Zarsha now at the age of three. Tefa looked over at the door and frowned some, she got up off her chair and walked over to the door and opened it. A Zandalari priest and two warriors standing side by side were seen as the door was opened.

“Who are ya?” Tefa asked, she raised her brow at the Zandalari priest. The priest shook his head slowly. “My Son could have done better den dis. I’ve come for da children.” He said with a stern look on his face. Tefa looked angry and slammed the door tight in front of the priest. The two warriors got their axes and sliced down the door, bursting it open.

Tefa runs to her children and holds them close as the warriors come from the wreckage of the door. The priest walks in afterwards and puts his hands behind his back. “Dere me boys sons, dey deserve to be wid dere Father.” He said with a slight smile.

“Dat mon did notin’! He left!” Tefa yelled out, spitting her words out with anger.

The priest gave a nod to the warriors one by one. They walked in closely to Tefa and pushed her to the wall. The priest took his hands out to the two twins and pulled them along with him as he walked out of the wreckage, the sons unaware of what was going on as they dragged away by the priest. The two warriors let go of Tefa and walked out aswell.

Tefa fell on her knees and began crying, her two sons being taken from her. She felt so much anger. She smacked her hands onto the ground and yelled out. The Zandalari left by their boat and travelled to the capital of Zandalar, the homeland of the Zandalari.

Zashi and Zarsha were raised into the Zandalari tribe, even though they weren’t fully bred Zandalari trolls like these were, the rules of the Zandalari tribe were simple. If you had a parent in the tribe, then you were part of it. Tefa still had contact with her sons over seas; she’d often send them letters. It weren’t as if she was cut out from the boy’s life completely.

Things changed forever….
    Traiaki
    Traiaki

Aki's life in chapters. Empty Chapter five - Mo'Jai

Post  Traiaki Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:32 am

The twins spent years over at Zandalar, understanding its traditions and following their ways of life. The boys always felt left out due to their smaller height next to the other Zandalari pupils who were a lot taller. When you were a whelp at Zandalar, you were forced into helping the warriors with their armour and following books of wisdom at nearby temples, you did this until you were at the correct age to enter the trials.

Zashi was always fascinated with armour, so he didn’t mind helping out the warriors with cleaning it. Zarsha on the other hand, did mind. He hated cleaning the armour; he found it boring and wanted more fun. The priests would often guide the young whelps into temples of the Loa; in there they would read long books about the history of their people and understand the difference between strength and wisdom.

One day though, Zashi and Zarsha did not attend a book reading. They were sneaking out of the temple together when the main voodoo witchdoctor was speaking on about spirits. The two didn’t want to sit around like melons and listen to some old fart talk about spirits. So with the aid from each other, the two twins went on ahead happily sneaking around. They got to the markets where food was being prepared to be sold. The twins looked up at the nearby market stall and grinned, their yellow Mohawks made them look quite noticeable though, so they had to be quick or disguise themselves in some way.

What happened was simple; the twins walked around casually and would often wait until an older Zandalari would buy an orange. They’d follow the old person and then tap their back.

“Ellooo mon!” Zarsha said with a big grin, waving at the old person.

“Why, ello dere, little boy. Where is ya parents?” The old person asked.

“Oh it be so bad! Me parents were eaten by giant dinosaurs and giant flesh eating toads! It be so bad...” Zarsha would often put on a scene and cry in front of the old person, which gave Zashi a chance to sneak in and grab the orange just as the old person was distracted.

With the two doing cruel deeds like that, it was bound to get them into trouble, which it did later on. Mo’Jai, their father was often informed by the guards of his sons being pests to the locals. He’d take them home and force them to serve drinks for his late night parties with friends. He’d often ignore his sons for a period of months; he didn’t really respect his kids. He only happened to have them in his life because of the Zandalari code.
    Traiaki
    Traiaki

Aki's life in chapters. Empty Chapter Six - Tribesmen

Post  Traiaki Tue May 14, 2013 3:13 am

It's been a while since i updated this, here's the long awaited sixth!

A couple of months passed after the Twin’s bad behavior, it was their first day at training. Multiple young pupils were standing in a line and awaiting their trainer to come out, the captain walked out of his hut, wearing his tribal armour which was adorned with skulls. He looked over at the young lings and bowed his head to them.

“Ya all are here to follow a path, a path which will aid de Zandalari in future battles, finishing dis will earn ya a place among de tribesman rank.” The captain folded his arms. “ I've heard dat some of ya are reckless in combat or never seen or felt it before. Well ya are going to experience it, mon.”

Zashi stood proudly and grinned stupidly, bouncing slightly as he stood. “I be so excited!” He whispers to Zarsha. Zarsha looks over at his brother with a confused expression. “Why? It be just training.” Zashi gasped and shook his head quick “No way! Dis be awesome! Dun ever call it just training!” The captain walked over to the two boys who were whispering in a rather loud tone. “Right, den ya can go first.” He points to Zashi and then guides him to the dummy.

“Today ya will learn how to strike wid a blade. A blade can be ya greatest enemy or ya greatest ally.” The captain threw a sword just close to Zashi’s feet. “Eeek.” The young troll yelped slightly as he saw how close it was to his feet. He took the blade up closely and aimed it straight at the dummy, hitting it back and forth. The captain folded his arms and watched the young troll. Zarsha muttered to himself as he watched his brother from a distance. “What a show off.”

The sound of a hut door being kicked open was heard as a woman walked out of the hut clad in tribal armour, she had a tribal mask tied to her person as well. The captain turned round as he spotted the woman. “Eh?!” She snarled and quickly punched the troll in the face, knocking him down onto the ground. “First rule, ya need to defend yaself. Second rule, dun make kids fight dummies. If ya want dem to train den show em a real fight.”

She took her giant axe off her back and held it down onto the ground, smirking straight at the captain. The younglings were circling around watching the fight. The captain got up and snarled at the woman as he picked up his own weapons as well, two tribal swords in each of his hands. He ran straight at the woman and charged at her, she quickly deflected the charge with her axe, holding it close to the side which made the reckless captain fall to his feet as he ran by it. She held her axe down at him, looking down with a grin on her lips. “I eat men like ya for dinner.” She said. The captain looked at the warrior and gulped, clearly underestimating his opponent.
    Zashi watched the fight with widened eyes. “..I want to be like dat someday…” He said as he idolized over the woman. The woman walked over and gave Zashi’s head a little pat. “Keep fighting’ kid.” She said before walking back inside her hut.
    Traiaki
    Traiaki

Aki's life in chapters. Empty Chapter Seven - The Oath of the Zandalar

Post  Traiaki Sun May 19, 2013 5:05 am

Zashi’s training was soon paying off over time; he was getting stronger with his skills and understanding the ways to use multiple weapon stances including maces, swords, and axes. He grew not just with strength but with age, over the years it was giving him a stronger healthier physique for a young teenager. Zarsha was not as focused on training as his eager twin. He did train but he didn’t put in much effort, he preferred to use daggers and the occasional sword. They were training at the training grounds close to the snowy mountains nearby. Zandalar was a big island, lots of jungles, snowy mountains adorning the island aswell, all around. Some frost trolls would lurk in the mountains however, they weren’t all hostile but some were.

The first real task was given out to the young fighters. The task was to go up to the mountains and learn about the lore of the frost trolls who lurked nearby. The non hostile elders of the tribes up above the mountain would give the young trolls a scroll to take back if they were to handle the harsh winds and yetis and savage troll hunters up above. Zashi took his small sword and tribal shield in his hand, readying himself for the task up ahead.

“Can’t be dis bad!” He yelled to the others. There were four other young trolls along side, aswell as his twin, Zarsha. They travelled up to the snowy mountain, the weather was colder up here and less forgiving, the snow would often cause frosty winds which were rumoured to turn you into ice if you weren’t careful. One eager troll, a skull splitter was always a show off. He had small blue hair and like Zashi, he was a warrior. They’d often fight to who can win first.

“Ha! Rat boy, I bet I beat ya first!” The troll said, poking Zashi’s chest. “Ey, come on. We gotta take dis serious, it won’t be dis bad if we stick together, ya?” Zashi shook his head slowly, looking quite serious on his task up ahead. He didn’t want to let his mentor down. The skull splitter troll mocked Zashi. “Ha! Ya just want to get into her good books! Dun even try it, ratty!” He flicked Zashi’s nose with his finger. Zarsha got a little mad and poked the skull splitter’s back. “Oi! Leave him be. He wants to get de job done.” The skull splitter laughed and shrugged. “Whatever. Let’s just get to de top, I’ll beat all of ya.” The twins shook their head and muttered to themselves, all four of them walked up to the snowy mountains. The weather’s wind was getting worse over time. One of the trolls up ahead, a little overweight troll was eager to reach the top. “Oh come on! I want dem pies after dis!” Zashi gasped as he saw the wind getting rougher. “No! Get back!” The overweight troll widened his eyes as he saw a snowball just form up from the sky and smack him straight in the face. He fell down off the snowy mountain screaming for his life. Zashi quickly grabbed hold of his arm before he fell too far. “..Feck! Dun let go!” The weight of the large troll was pulling Zashi down slightly. Zarsha quickly grabbed hold of his brother’s legs and helped move him up. The overweight troll got back onto the mountain. “…Tank ya!” He gasped, breathing heavily.

Zashi pat the troll’s back. “We’ll get ya scroll to. Just keep us safe from behind. The skull splitter troll snorted. “Lets just throw de fat feck off the mountain, he’ll roll down. Den we’ll win.” Zashi shook his head. “No! I won’t let anyone die! We do dis as friends, or ya can get out of here, skull splitter!” The three helped each other get to the top; no signs of any nasty creatures were lurking, thankfully. The skull splitter troll went on ahead, going a complete turn in direction. Zashi’s hands clinging onto the mountain paths as they reached the top almost, the overweight troll kept his hold on Zashi’s legs aswell, he was scared to look down but Zashi made sure the troll was safely escorted upwards. Zarsha also helped with tying ropes around them so if they did fall, they’d be able to hang on the rope.

The top of the mountain was at reach; Zarsha quickly reached the top and held his hands down for Zashi to grab onto. They pulled themselves up with each others aid, the overweight troll helping move Zashi aswell. All three of them reached the top. No sign of the skull splitter though. “Where’s dat idiot gone?” Zarsha said, looking around. The skull splitter already had the scroll in his hand. “Lookie here! I win!” He walked over to the three of the trolls and laughed, finding it highly amusing.

“Ya just wasted ya time wid de fat feck. Ya should of left him dead.” Zashi frowned at that and shook his head. “No. I won’t let anyone die just because ya want to win first. Dats not de point of dese tasks.” The skull splitter troll just laughed again. “Ya just want a reason to play hero, rat boy. Den try dis on for size!” The troll got hold of his own sword and aimed it at Zashi, challenging him to a duel. “Ya insane, we can’t fight up here. What If de weather gets worse?”

“Ain’t me problem, Rat. Just fight me!” The two trolls stared at each other, snarling. Zarsha took the overweight troll’s hand. “Let’s get de scrolls and leave dem to it.” Zashi gave a nod to his brother, taking his own sword and shield aswell. “I dun want to hurt ya.” The skull splitter troll smirked with amusement at Zashi. “Too bad, because I want to hurt ya!” The two kept their swords close, readying them for a battle.

“Die!” The swords clashed and then out of nowhere a raptor was heard, a troll woman jumping off it as the raptor got close to the boys. “….Mentor” Zashi said as he saw the woman. The troll woman quickly flipped the skull splitter’s sword to the side with her hand. “No fighting, ya warriors, not monsters.” She shook her head at the boys.

The skull splitter troll snarled as his sword was thrown far. “…” He remained quiet for once but he did snarl at Zashi, like this wouldn’t be the last encounter they’d have. Zashi was standing, prepared for that day. The mentor put her hand on Zashi’s shoulder. “Don’t let him mess you around. He isn’t worth it.”

The overweight troll ran back with his scroll, as did Zarsha. The mentor smiled at them both. “Good. Ya both did well. Zashi, we’ll talk later.” She said, looking quite serious at the young troll. She weren’t happy with how he didn’t have the scroll but maybe she’d let him off with a warning, only time will tell.
    Traiaki
    Traiaki

Aki's life in chapters. Empty Chapter Eight - The Arena

Post  Traiaki Mon May 20, 2013 5:41 am

Zul’dazar, the main capital to the Zandalar trolls. It was a big city, only the rich and powerful titles could enter the city with permission from the king’s most loyal guardians. The arena of Zul’dazar was a large one, it was a big stadium created for entertainment purposes. The solid stone stadium was rumoured to have been built hundreds of years ago.

The following day after the snow mountain trial was finished. Zashi and his Mentor went for a walk along Zul’dazar. Zashi hadn’t been to this part of Zandalar for a while. His father was a gladiator inside the arena walls but he was too young to go and watch him. He was a mature male now; he was able to watch the bloodshed. His mentor never fought in the arena but she’d often watch. The Zandalari guardians stood tall with their golden plated armour, golden painted skulls adorned their large shields. Zashi gulped a little as he walked into the main hallway.

“But I thought ya wanted a word wid me?” Zashi asked his Mentor. The woman shook her head. “No. I was proud of how ya handled yaself out dere. I wanted to give ya front row seats at de arena. I hear a certain somebody will be fighting today.” She smiled and walked along with her pupil. Zashi blinked his eyes. “..F-Father?” Stuttering to himself as he realised his father never allowed him to watch the fights he’d take part in.

The arena stands were full and trolls from various tribes, Gurubashi, Amani, Drakkai. All were lined up to watch the fights take place in the Arena. It was often bloodshed with battles of various types of beasts taking part in it. Today though was the time Mo’Jai joined the arena battle.

“Mons! We be here today to show de off one of our greatest warrior! De one and only, Mo’Jai!”

The heavy built troll came out to the arena, standing in the middle of it. He had adorned on his body large golden plated pauldrons with skulls going around it. He had long white hair going down his back and chest. His dark skin showing his blue colour tattoos which went down the front of his chest.

Zashi had not seen his father in a long time; he was surprised at how much he changed. The young troll held his hands against the front of the stone barrier which kept him from falling off it. “I ain’t seen him in years…” He muttered quietly to himself as he stared down at the warrior. Zashi’s mentor smiled slightly to herself. “Ya father didn’t want ya to see him. He might have been rough or uncaring towards ya. But he wanted ya to learn to hate him. Den you would use ya rage in battle.”

Zashi couldn't believe what he heard. His father a nice man really? What was this? He shook his head. “Why would he just ignore me and me brother?” The young troll was just looking down at the warrior in combat, finding it hard to believe that was the same man who ignored him. Zashi’s mentor smiled again, taking one of her swords which were strapped to her person. She gave the sword to Zashi. “Dis is a gift for ya. Ya helped ya friends, ya didn’t let that skull splitter troll cloud your vision. Ya followed ya heart and kept ya friends safe.” She smiled at the young troll, patting his small blond Mohawk. Zashi looked down at the sword, holding it in his hand. It was a real sword. “Woa…”

Mo’Jai noticed up above at his Son, he didn’t wave or anything. He just smiled gently to himself then that smile turned into an angry snarl as he swung his axes at the large dinosaur, leaping himself into battle to strike it down. The crowd went wild with excitement. The dinosaur’s head cut clean off with dual axes. Mo’Jai looked up at the crowd and smirked, blood on his white hair and face. He walked out of the arena as the gates opened. The people cheered, especially Zashi. He was proud he was related to such a strong warrior.

Zashi’s mentor smiled and gave Zashi a little nod. “Go and see him.” Zashi smiled widely and quickly ran to see his father; the man who he thought hated him. He quickly threw himself at his blood covered father. Mo’Jai didn’t respond he just put his hand over the young troll’s back. The mentor smiled to herself as she watched the two, it was if she knew that the warrior would be here. Was this the reward Zashi earned? Or was it just a little gift from her. Who knows?
    Traiaki
    Traiaki

Aki's life in chapters. Empty Chapter Nine - Gladiator

Post  Traiaki Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:42 am

The months passed as Zashi was training himself up in competing with the younger gladiators. He had a new dream, to be like his father. His mentor watched on and gave him guidance in training even though she herself was never a gladiator. She was still a strong woman who knew how to use an axe or two.

“I be getting’ closer to competing’ ya?!” Zashi yelled out, looking fired up and excited as he had felt himself get stronger over the months of training. His mentor laughed and shook her head. “I tink ya be ready soon, Zashi. But ya still got plenty to learn.” Zashi smiled and picked up his sword and held it on his back. “I’ll go and sign meself up den.” The young eager warrior was ready to compete and very eager to do so.

Back at Zul’dazar

“Ey! Mo’Jai, ya know Zashi be signin’ up eh?” A random arena fighter spoke out to the large troll. “Wha!?” Mo’Jai turned to look at the fighter with a snarl. He did not look amused by this news, he looked concerned and angry. “I should go and warn him.” Mo’Jai picked himself up off his chair and stood up. “I dun want him to get himself killed.” The elder warrior sighed to himself in thought as he ran his hand across his white mane. The arena fighter blinked in surprise at the sudden remark come from Mo’Jai, the troll who was known to be quite heartless had a heart?

“Ya changed, mon.”

“I know.”

Due to Zashi’s inexperience, he had to start off somewhere less experienced compared to the arena his father fought in. He began over at a nearby brawling arena at a poor quarter of the main city. The city was large and split into sections after all. Zashi walked over to the brawling arena and whispered to his mentor. “Do ya know anyone in dis place?” His mentor shook her head in thought. She looked around at the trolls gathered around the pit; they looked quite poor and thinner than usual Zandalari, especially the males.

“Dis is the poor quarter. De last time I was here, my father was trying to preach to them after joining the army.” She shook her head and sighed, looking back in her mind at how her father would force young boys to join and serve the tribal wars. She weren't a male which angered her father but she still was forced into joining the wars when she was a small girl.

“Hm? Ya ok?” Zashi asked as he looked at his mentor. “Oh? I be fine, sorry.” She apologized and shrugged her shoulders. “Go and get goin’. I want to see dis match.” Zashi gave a firm nod and walked over to the pit and spoke to one of the trolls who were hosting the fights.

“Ello mon, ya joinin’ up for de fight?” The hosting troll asked Zashi. The young warrior smiled and looked determined. “Let’s do dis! I wanna fight!” he yelled out. The local low lives looked over at Zashi, a moment of silence until they all busted out laughing.

“I bet me shoe he loses!” One of them yelled. The others yelled back. “But ya dun have shoes!” A moment of laughter heard. “I know! Wahahahaha!”

Zashi frowned and snarled as he jumped down into the pit. He held his sword up, looking at the front of the arena gate. The locals were all laughing still at the young warrior. His mentor frowned and folded her arms; she knew this might have been a bad idea. The young warrior kept a hold of his sword tightly and whispered to himself. “…I wanna be like ya, dad.”

The arena host yelled out. “Time to see if dis young mon has got what it takes! Send in de ooze!”

The arena gate opened up and along came a giant green ooze creature which slid along the ground. Zashi looked concerned; he had never fought ooze before. “Oh shit…” The creature didn’t have any expressions; it was literally a big giant green ooze. It struck though! The creature’s weight could be morphed into objects by its green blubber in attempt to smack Zashi. The young warrior held his ground barely, the creature was quite strong. “Ya kiddin’ me! I never fought before like dis!” The young warrior yelled out.

The arena host laughed. “Come on now kid! We got bets rollin’!”

Zashi snarled and pushed the ooze back with his sword, the creature didn’t even look damaged or hurt by that. “I ain’t a kid!” He snarled out viciously and started to strike at the creature, swinging his sword around in attempt to slow the creature or even distract it so it might flee. The ooze did nothing but stand still, the damage which was inflicted easily regenerated into the blubber.

“…Dis is impossible. Why dey let me fight dis when I got no magic!”

The ooze was building itself up for another attack. It struck the young warrior again but this time it consumed him. The ooze swallowed Zashi whole. The arena host laughed and the locals laughed loudly aswell. Zashi’s mentor remained quiet and watched carefully. She held her hand out to the host. “Dun go cancelin’ de fight just yet. Look.”

The ooze shook violently as a sword struck out of its front, green goo shooting out of the creatures front as a very green soaked Troll jumped out, hitting the ground hard as he lunged himself out of the creature. The large ooze separated into tiny oozes, thirty of them sliding along the ground going straight for Zashi. He picked himself up and turned to them and roared right at them. “RAAAAAWWW!” The oozes quickly fled as Zashi roared out like that.

The arena host was gobsmacked by the young warrior’s performance. The locals were quiet, very quiet.

“I knew ya could do it.” Zashi’s mentor said as she handed a piece of cloth towards the young warrior. Zashi took the cloth and wiped his face with it, getting rid of the green goo.

“…. Well looks like we got a winner! De new kid!”

Zashi smiled, looking proud of himself. He picked up his sword and climbed out of the pit. The arena host gave the troll a pat on his back once he finished climbing. “Ya did well. I tink ya could easily earn ya own armour at dis rate.”

“Me own armour… dats just a dream though.” Zashi muttered, looking down at his feet. Zashi’s mentor pressed her hand against the young warrior’s arm. “I’ve seen ya grow into a young mon. ya soon an adult, Zashi. I tink ya can build up to dat dream.”

Mo’Jai was watching in the distance with a smile on his lips. He didn’t interfere; he let his son have his spotlight. He was proud of him and proud that he had a son who was able to defend himself.
    Traiaki
    Traiaki

Aki's life in chapters. Empty Chapter Ten - A Lethal Curse

Post  Traiaki Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:32 am

A couple of months passed after Zashi’s victory at the lower class area of Zul’dazar, the slums. The young troll showed great progress in strength and his confidence was boosted with such victory he won. His brother Zarsha however was busy with his own affairs to think of his brother. Zarsha followed a different path, a path to find his loa. The young male walked among the various beasts lurking inside the jungle, snakes, spiders, tigers. Nobody could help this young man in finding his destiny, only he could find it.  The trial began at one of the darkest reaches of the jungle which led out of the capital, a jungle known as a place full of dark mysteries regarding Loa.

“It be so wet out here.” Zarsha muttered as he walked the lonely path, looking around at the trees and tall grass. He wore nothing but a loincloth, keeping only a dagger in his hand. The sound of beasts lurking and speaking out could be heard, voices of beasts heard as warnings. The young male ignored the warnings, shaking his head violently as he walked on ahead towards a statue which was designed as a snake. The large statue would scare many, but this young man was not afraid. He snarled at the statue, holding his dagger tightly in his right hand. “Dis is it…” He said quietly, taking a deep breath. Rain descended on the young male, covering his blond Mohawk in thick rain. The troll snarled and spat the water out of his mouth which came down on him like a curse. The curse of the Loa.

“I ain’t scared of dis!” He yelled out at the statue. The statue’s eyes turned yellow and blinked as if it was alive. Zarsha gulped, holding his dagger even tighter as he spotted the eyes move. The statue’s stone like body soon became black, a thick scale of moss on the black skin of the snake exposing its true form. The snake turned itself down onto the ground, moving closer to the Troll. The snake’s large body circled around the young man, nowhere for him to run. He had no choice but to attack.

Zarsha quickly jumped over the snake’s side, smacking his dagger down into the snake’s long body, the nearest part to him.  “Take dis!” He yelled as he struck the snake. The snake hissed loudly and turned to gaze at Zarsha, moving its head back then moved itself forward, striking back with its large venom fangs. The young male quickly moved out of the way before he was struck.  “Is dis it! Is dis what ya wanted from me?”  The snake circled itself round, moving its head up, looking down at the young male.

“A gift?!” Zarsha yelled, as he looked up at the snake. It was if he could understand it. The snake hissed repeatedly, speaking to the male in its own language. The young troll looked down at his dagger which was covered in the snake’s blood. He then looked back up at the snake, snarling at it. The snake moved forward again, but this time slower.

Zarsha quickly realised that this gift the snake was referring to was infact its blood. The snake moved closer, ready to strike at him in any minute. The large fangs shown as its face moved forward quickly. The young troll quickly stabbed the dagger into his arm, letting out a loud scream. The snake’s forward strike vanishing in an instant as the dagger struck his arm, the snake’s blood slipping into the wound. Zarsha fell down on his knees, panting heavily. His eyes closed and his mouth open, panting as the blood in his arm was healing away due to the regeneration the troll had.

“U-Uh...” Zarsha said looking around, he noticed a small snake move on over to his hand, a black snake. “…Is it ya…?” The small snake hissed quietly before sticking its sharp fangs into the troll’s hand.

“..A-Aghhhh!”

Zarsha moved in a weak state towards a nearby cave. He looked around searchingly trying to find shelter from the harsh rain aswell as a place to heal his wound, the black snake keeping its sharp fangs on the troll’s hand as he moved. The troll didn’t move the hanging snake off his hand at all. He closed his eyes now and then as he felt the venom slips into his body, moving weaker as he got to the cave. He collapsed down onto the ground, his body lifeless.

Nearby, a human was ready to explore the nearby cave where Zarsha collapsed in. A large human male with a black goatee and an explorer’s hat was seen walking along with his brown dog. “Lets go find us some troll treasure, hey girl?”  The human said as he walked along with his pet dog, moving over to the cave. The dog barked as it could sense the troll nearby. The human held his gun up, looking ahead. “Who’s there?” He yelled, moving in closer inside the cave, the smell of fear coming from the human as he ventured into the cave. The human lowered his gun down as he spotted a figure laying lifeless in the dark. The brown dog went to sniff the troll but quickly barked loudly before running back to its master. The human held his gun back up. “Keep back!”

Zarsha’s hands quickly dug into the dirt, he raised his face up from the ground, snarling at the human. His sharp fangs covered in green venom.  As soon as the human realised it was a troll, it was too late. The young male feasted on the human and the dog, the venom the troll carried was lethal, organs would find it hard to work under the venoms hold, which gave Zarsha a good opening to strike with his daggers.

The human’s body covered in blood and the dog lay restless with its owner. Zarsha looked out of the cave, snarling as his mouth was covered in venom, looking around outside.

“….Dis is de curse. Dis is me destiny.”
    Traiaki
    Traiaki

Aki's life in chapters. Empty Chapter Eleven - Den of A Tiger

Post  Traiaki Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:35 am

While Zarsha kept running on ahead to find his destiny, the young male kept a distance between his brother as he was learning to control this curse he had inflicted upon him. Zashi however was going to find his own destiny aswell with all what was going on around him, a chance to find a path is never impossible.

Zashi’s mentor attended a ritual with Zashi by her side. She walked along with him towards a campfire in the middle of the village the two were resting in. Beyond the village was a place known as “The Den” in Zandali tongue.

“Time I know ya name eh?” Zashi asked the woman who stood beside him, her arms were folded, her long red hair down her back and her muscled physique adorned by tribal garments.

“Subria.” She said quite openly as she looked down at Zashi, smiling at him briefly. Zashi looked up at Subria. “Nice name. Where are we goin’ den?” Subria looked on ahead, pointing to the shrine beyond the village.

“A story speaks of a troll who walked a lonely path findin’ answers in dark times. Ya might be winning’ ya fights now, Zashi. But it dun mean ya will always win. Remember dis always.

“Strength comes from within.”

The young male rubbed the side of his neck a little bit as he heard those words, shaking his head somewhat. “I guess I be a little careless at times, hm?” He looked down at his toes, wiggling them about a bit.  Subria put her hand against her student’s shoulder.  “Ya just young, ya will learn how to control ya strength when ya older as well.” Zashi smiled brightly and gave a determined nod. “Den I need to find dis strength like ya said!” He quickly ran from Subria, running over to the shrine. She looked on with a slight concerned look on her face. She forgot to mention how the tale ended; the young troll who walked the lonely was never found again.

Zashi was confident he could find his place among the greats with his fighting skills, a determined outlook, and a confidence which any family member would be proud of. He ran ahead towards the shrine like any other eager troll would, eager to find his inner strength. The young warrior’s wooden shield strapped on his back aswell as a small axe tied to his belt, wearing only a leather chest strap and some crafted leather fur as pants. Sounds of footsteps and voices could be heard as he ran to the shrine, the night sky becoming a pitch fog, the moon turning into a faded ghastly face of a tiger. Zashi looked up at that sky and pondered at the change.

“Just what da hell is dis…?” He thought to himself as he looked up, snarling somewhat as he took his shield in his hand and his axe, he ran on ahead, ignoring the change to the sky. It could have been a way to distract the troll in finding his inner strength. The trees around the shrine began to entangle the entrance, Zashi snarled as he saw the trees roots strangle together in a hold to keep the troll at bay.  “Tryin’ to keep me out eh?!”  The young warrior leaped at the vines, cutting them down with his axe, using his shield now and then to block the vines attacking back. He could hear his mentor’s voice, “Strength comes from within.” He snarled at the vines and pushed them back as he heard the motto again, a sign perhaps he had a little pinch of inner strength but to master it, he’d need to fight a foe strong enough. The green vines quickly untangled the shrine as the warrior proved his strength. He put his shield on his back, keeping his axe held for now as he walked on ahead.

The shrine was beautiful, a breathtaking sight to witness. A Tiger’s statue with offerings, a ideal place for worship. The warrior looked on at the statue, walking closer to it. He lowered himself down on his knees, putting his shield and his axe down firmly on the ground beside himself. He closed his eyes tightly before bowing his head down onto the ground. He looked as if he was praying to the statue, to find his inner strength. The statue remained lifeless, unlike the statue his brother saw. A voice heard again, this time a gentle voice of a male. 

“A warrior’s heart, pride and protect. A young man, eager yet determined to find his goal. Still he finds answers which are set in stone, unable to be lifted by the strongest of strengths. He speaks out to me, why?”

Zashi opened his eyes, looking up at the statue. “I be seekin’ me inner strength. I can’t find it.” He admits, frowning.  The gentle voice speaks out again.

“A fight, a fight to test your strength, unable to aid or defend.”

The young male looked back down, pondering what that means. “A fight?” He thought to himself, what kind of fight? What fight did he need to have to be able to find this strength?

Zashi picked himself back up, taking up his shield and axe.  “I be ready to see dis fight.” He said, standing proud at the statue, he didn’t want to give up now, not when he was so close to finding out his purpose. The statue’s eyes glowed red.  The ground which Zashi stood on collapsed down.

“Whaaa!”

The young male fell down into a pit, a den of sorts. It was dark and cold. Zashi kept his shield close by, looking around. A sound of a tiger could be heard, roaring out. The troll put his axe up and quickly rose to his feet. “Where is dis fight?!” He yelled out, hunting for the prey as it roared.  The tiger emerged from the darkness, its orange coated fur and its sharp white fangs.  Zashi kept his shield and axe ready for an attack, snarling back at the tiger. 

“The warrior’s path is not an easy one.”

“Dat voice!” Zashi spoke out. The tiger was infact that gentle voice which spoke to him, impossible, how could a animal speak.  The tiger quickly launched at Zashi, pushing him down to the ground with its large weight and strength. The warrior fell down; snarling as he tried to lift his axe up, it was a risk he had to take. Even if the tiger was this close, his face could easily be eaten off by the beast. But he had no choice.

The warrior’s axe quickly launched at the side of the tiger’s face, Zashi smacking the tiger off him. The tiger leaped at the side as it got hit, growling at the troll.  “Why it always me! Why do ya all tink I got a path to follow!”

“You come here, seeking strength. Defeat me and you will obtain it.”

Zashi spat some blood from his mouth; the tiger’s weight damaged his chest a little. The troll wiped the blood away and snarled, keeping his axe and shield up. The tiger leaped back into action, leaping straight at the troll. Zashi’s shield held up high, the tiger landed straight at it, Zashi managed to lift the tiger off his shield by throwing it behind himself. The tiger rolled onto the ground and quickly leaped back up. “Woa... How’d I do dat?”

“A test of strength. You’re a protector, yet a berserker.”

Even though the troll’s chest was badly wounded from the impact earlier on, he still kept his balance. “I ain’t gonna flee now!” The warrior’s hands tightened on his weapons, charging up to the tiger. Both the warrior and the tiger leaped at one another. A spark, a thick spark seen just as the two charged.

“Pride and Protect, a tiger’s pride, a warrior’s protection.

A couple of days passed after that encounter. Zashi woke up in a hut, covered in cuts and bruises. His axe and shield damaged nearby. A young woman was seen wearing a kilt with tied back green hair treating Zashi’s wounds. “You have been careless.” She said.  Zashi raised his head up abit, muttering about the pain he had inflicted on his body. She looked down at the young warrior. “Don’t move, it will only cause you to feel further pain.”

“How badly wounded am I?” Zashi asked, moving his arms abit to the side. The young lady put some water on the troll’s chest cleaning the blood off. “You’re lucky to be alive.” She said quite openly, the young male spat some blood from his mouth, muttering about his chest pains. The woman frowned but then ran her hand down the warrior’s chest. “What is this?”  Zashi blinked, looking at his chest.

A Tiger’s face painted in black ink on the right side of his chest was present.

Sponsored content

Aki's life in chapters. Empty Re: Aki's life in chapters.

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:57 pm